Almost for all the vibration test applications, a Head Expander is required because the test specimen or the fixture is larger than the armature surface. In these cases, a Head Expander is used to provide a broader base for mounting the test specimen and fixtures.
A head expander is made of lightweight magnesium or less expensive aluminum. Many types of standardized Head Expanders are available or special customization is also available to meet your requirements.
Head Expanders are designed with load support which enables larger test specimens to be mounted and tested safely on the shaker and reduces the risk of damage to the shaker suspension system. Head Expander design and customisation are available for your existing vibration test system as well. All of our Head Expanders have a strict requirement related to frequency, table weight, acceleration, amplitude uniformity and lateral movement and are designed to meet your standards.
- All Head Expanders have passed finite element analysis.
- Designed to optimise the performance of your vibration test system.
- High-quality manufacturing process is followed to ensure consistent performance with excellent technical indicators.
- Options include “square” or “round” shape and “magnesium” or “aluminium” material.
- Customized shapes and sizes are also available.